Monday 7 June 2010

A Nice Day Out and Dying Feathers

Last friday, due to it being half term, hubby having a days holiday and it being lovely weather, we went to Emberton Park, nr Olney, for a picnic. Jules and her clan came along as did my brother and sister in law and their son.

It was a very pleasant afternoon, lots of running around, games of cricket (I even bowled for a short while) badminton and frisbee throwing. We had far too much to eat as usual, and we fed half a loaf of bread to the ducks, geese and their cute goslings.


Whilst we were there my daughter wanted to collect some feathers for a school project she will be working on this week. So yesterday (sunday) I set about dying the feathers nice colours for her. The only dye I have is food colouring, so it was a bit of an experiment. And, dispite it raining on my drying feathers last night, and causing some of the colours to run, I think it was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment