Friday 19 August 2011

Cute Embellished Tissue Holders

I had a week off work a couple of weeks ago, during that week I found out about a village event which was asking for stall holders for an upcoming event on the Saturday.  My craft stall stock was fairy depleted, so I needed something quick and easy to make a few of....  I have made tissue holders before, but was unimpressed with them - what they need is a bit of cute embellishment and co-ordination.

There are many tutorials out there so I adapted one and added a cute fabic yo yo and button to give that little something extra... This tutorial from Skip to my Lou is closest to what I did!



The lining is gingham to co-ordinate with the outer cover, and the yo yo made in the gingham too!


I then made 2 other colour ways - the pink ones was proved most popular!

I think adding the yo yo vastly improved this simple item.

Sarah xx

2 comments:

  1. Yo yo's are so versatile aren't they?
    I made a yo yo christmas tree hanging for a quilting friend many years ago, must have another go at it!

    Have a great weekend,

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its always more fun when you make a pattern your own isn't it!? Great idea to add the yo yo- it looks great.

    ReplyDelete