Sunday 5 May 2013

Beach Hut Peg Bag

We need a new peg bag! The old one is a bit weathered and the pegs keep falling out of it!

I have made peg bags before, so I looked out my old pattern, which I had previous drawn up.  However, being me, I decided to make something new!

I've always liked the Beach Hut as a quirky design, so decided to base the Peg Bag on it.


I used some stripy fabric and did a bit of applique for the door and life ring (buoy), I made the roof separately and stitched it on after I had stitched the bag together.


I think I need to make it look a bit more beach hut like, at the moment, its a bit Garden Shed, except for the life ring, perhaps a Bucket and Spade would help, or some pastel colours.

However its is perfectly functional the way it is, and my husband and daughter said it looks like a beach hut.

Sarah xx

12 comments:

  1. I love, love , love it! But then I am a beach hut fan. It's definitely a beach hut and not a garden shed - it needs nothing else. I love the stripes (which speak of beach huts to me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely looks like a beach hut to me! And the perfect shape for a peg bag. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! Well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely. I also instantly knew it was a beach hut. I am a bit of a fan too, and have some in my header at the moment that I saw at Saunton Sands in Devon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute!!! I love it!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
    http://usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/05/submarine-sunday-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute peg bag! It definitely looks like a beach hut, full of character and seaside loveliness :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beach hut is a great idea for a peg bag. The hoke for the pegs is part of the design and not just a hole in the front.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beach Hut! It is really great, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely peg bag - hope you've got some smart pegs for in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's lovely - and definitely a beach hut... xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been up to the same thing. I love your beach hut design and the detail of the ring above the door really sets it off.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with everyone else too - definitely beach hut and not shed! Although in my house the two go hand in hand (Mum's shed is in the middle of a beach hut transformation), she would love this peg bag :)

    ReplyDelete